Thursday 10 March 2016

What a week - floods and yet more floods!


THURSDAY 10th March, 2016

It may have been forecast but the rain storm that did arrive overnight and greeted us on Wednesday morning was quite something else!

There is a first for everything and when cycling to Hazeley I was greeted when approaching one particularly large flood by a Moorhen in the middle of the cycle track ..... !!

Firstly a Spring Business Meeting at The Hazeley Academy followed by a Career WorkOut with Year 9 students at the same school meant a great start to the morning.

Generous donations to BRAIN TUMOUR RESEARCH in aid of my "Langton Cycles for BRAIN TUMOUR RESEARCH" were most welcome.

I am really pleased to see that the donations are creeping up towards my goal of £1,000 and the distance to be covered of 425 miles, or 700 kilometres, is slowly being eroded.

I have now covered 145 miles, which by the time I arrive home will have reached 155. For those using kilometres this will equate to 250 klms. If I can keep up this pace then I shall finish the "course" one day early!!

For those wishing to donate directly to www.braintumourresearch.org/wearahatday in aid of their "Wear a Hat Day" please do!

Thank you all for reading this and if you feel this charity can be shared with your friends kindly forward the blog - many thanks in advance.
Langton

No comments:

Post a Comment